The Radio Equalizer: Brian Maloney

05 January 2011

Libtalker Ed Schultz Too Important To Follow Traffic Laws

I'M PRIVILEG-ED

Do Road Closures Apply To MSNBC Talkers?








While MSNBC libtalker Ed Schultz regularly projects the image of a working class good ol' boy who can relate to Larry Lunchbucket, in a weak moment, his inner elitist quickly emerges.

Traffic laws? Those don't apply to celebrities, do they?

Here's a catch from Monday's syndicated radio program: listen as Schultz reveals he knowingly drove for some distance over closed highways, all to "prove a point".

What point? That Ed Schultz is more important than the rest of us?





ED SCHULTZ (04:30): So then I went and checked out what happens when they shut down a highway and you drive on it. Well, it's a $1000 fine and possible 90 days in jail. I said, well this isn't going to work out real good with the boss, 'cause he sent me a nice email over the holidays and wanted me to come back which made me feel pretty good.

So anyway, a cop car did pass me and the guy jerked his head around and then I pulled off on the side of the road, so it was no big deal. But I thought, if this guy stops me, I got some serious explaining to do here.

[...]

SCHULTZ (13:51):
And I could have got a big fine but I didn't care, I was out to prove a point.


Is Big Eddie out to sabotage his own career? He consistently seems to be his own worst enemy. What's next?

4 Comments:

  • He didn't have a point. He simply is too good to look out for those big orange signs that say "ROAD CLOSED".... those are for us little people.

    By Blogger GeronL, at 05 January, 2011 21:15  

  • My guess is that Ed has gotten some preferential treatment over the years since he has been a star football player & today as a well known media figure. Football players, the better ones at least, have been given a pass & have punishments for rules that they break are allowed to slide since they are too important to the team & school spirit. Now Ed is a national media goon, & does have a big footprint in eastern North Dakota. He may believe the rules really don't apply to him, & the result of this story will only enable him to act like this in the future.

    By Anonymous danybhoy, at 06 January, 2011 08:00  

  • Privileged my ass..Schultz is nothing more than a smug, arrogant, pompous wind bag. Ditto for Imus, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Olbermann, Beck, Hannity and of course...Dope Rah Winfrey.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06 January, 2011 13:04  

  • Rules don't apply to him, that's the point he seems to have proven.

    By Anonymous Jenna Futio, at 06 January, 2011 13:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
Page Rank Checker

Powered by Blogger