The Radio Equalizer: Brian Maloney

21 June 2006

Rush Limbaugh, Air America, Young Turks


Rush Ridicules Leftist Talk Radio Rivals

On today's show, Rush Limbaugh seemed to truly enjoy blasting the latest efforts by "progressives" to compete with his program.

From the newly- released transcript:

Come on, there isn't any principle in the Democratic Party. I have a story in the stack about how some new group of young Democrat intellectuals trying to figure out how to compete against me and against Fox News.

How many times have we read about this? First it was Mario Cuomo; then it was Gary Hart; then it was Air America, any number of people, and they're doing it all over, and each one of these efforts is greeted with ecstatic anticipation on the part of the Drive-By Media, and it's given in-depth analysis.

But even these new guys, these new "Young Turks," these so-called intellectuals, were getting together to try to figure out, "Should we put together a think tank? Should we put together a series of blogs? Should we do it the Limbaugh way? Should we do it the Drudge way?" They still don't have any principles.

If they had any principles that they could be honest about, beliefs they could be honest about, they wouldn't have any roadblocks in the way. Their problem is, how can we fool 'em today? They've tried every which way to fool people and the jig is up. They're not getting away with fooling people anymore.

Rush, if we may, the list of failed lefty challengers is a lot longer than that! How about Alan Dershowitz, KGO's Bernie Ward in national syndication, Jerry Brown, Hugh Rodham and so many others?

Who are we leaving out?

ELSEWHERE: via Powerline, the folks over at leftist mega-blog DailyKos now seem to be up to their ears in scandal. Hey guys, why not call Al and find out how he brushed off questions about the Air America Boys & Girls Club scam!

More from Instapundit's Glenn Reynolds.

Your Amazon orders that begin with clicks here, regardless of your final purchases, are vital to supporting this site's efforts. Buy what you like and help the Radio Equalizer!

Thanks again!

Rush images:


  • Powerline's Scott Johnson works as a vice president of a bank that I have accounts at, TCF Bank, and spends a lot of his time blogging during business hours. What a bunch of slothful creeps those attack dogs are. I'm gradually pulling all my money out of that sorry bank.

    I forgot .. what again are the powerliar's complaining about?

    By Blogger WHT, at 22 June, 2006 02:18  

  • Brian,

    You can add Ann Richards, former Governor of Texas, Jim Hightower, Bill Press, and Tom Leykis to you list of Liberal failures.

    By Blogger PCD, at 22 June, 2006 08:06  

  • Liberal and failure is a tad bit redundant dont ya think?

    By Blogger Seriouslyunserious, at 22 June, 2006 10:16  

  • Tom leykis has a very very popular comedy shock show in L.A, hardly a failure. You blog, Tom has a top rated afternoon show in L.A. Powerline are a bunch of little nazis, tied in with the RNC, a bunch of disgusting Anti-American freaks of nature.

    The fact about right wing talk nobody wants to tak about, the ratings tend to be dominant among 60+ year old listeners, hardly a desirable (no knock to seniors) advertising demo. If you look at the age breakdowns from arbitron, the loathed (by right wing sociopaths) Air America, competes in the younger demos with the 50,000 flame thrower of hate WABC and WOR, quite well overall, although the last full ratings book I saw(was last year) A.A ratings 12+ suck because they do not draw that older A.M talk radio audience. FACTS, buddy, FACTS.

    Cons can continue to ignore the amnesty for Terrorists, which 19 filthy republicans voted for (including McCain), the theocracy built on the taxpayers back in Iraq, and focus on trashing veterans like Murtha, as much as they want. You all appear like insane sociopaths on the T.V. Michelle Malkin is a sick little sociopath and should be ashamed of herself Even O'riley had to verbally curb her on his program this week. Trashing vets does not go over with main stream America, Malkin is an insane publicity whore, who needs a good lay(deal with it,the right verbally attacks, so can I). I would rather have someone like Murtha represent my view point on the T.V than a sick little publicicty slut like Malkin any day of the week although, Malkin's looks will appeal to the mastabtory group of virginal Republicans who watch Fox news, dreaming of actually experiencing a member of the opposite sex; while an old gentleman like Murtha does not. Ad-homonym attack, yep , just as the right does, so can I. I understand how the right wing operates the propaganda mill, they hire attracive broadcasters (news models and pundits) to appeal to teenage male viewers, while de-programming them and teaching them "vets who question the war are traitors". It is an amazing parodox, the moral right selling sex appeal to teenagers while preaching morality!!! This once more proves the right wing really does not stand for ANYTHING other than smearing the other side of the spectrum.

    Why not, let's talk right wing paradox. The easiest one to target is the catch phrase brought forth by Rove "sanctity of marriage". The right wing "fake moralists" such as Barr, Newt Gingrich, Limbaugh and others, spout this catch phrase over and over and over, while they themselves do not value to "sanctity of marriage" the good book teaches. The bible clearly does not condone DIVORCE, yet all of the moral right wingers who are so against queer marriage, have divorces under their belt, and Limbaugh breaks the golden rule of marriage, PROCREATON, where I ask are his offspring???? As you can clearly see, the right STANDS for nothing except catch phrases and slogans. If you do not see the irony and absurdity, you are being intellectually dishonest, or like Janet Parsel (Salem right wing host, whose name I think I spelled wrong) you are placing your hands over your ears, and ignoring the truth, the way Janet did when confronted by facts by Randi Rhodes on cable T.V. Have a horrible day, wingnuts.

    By Blogger rightwingwhiner, at 22 June, 2006 11:22  

  • Hey RRW, that was satire, right? Right? What? He is a regular poster of this site, and those are facts?
    I cannot imagine the pain he must be in. All that RW stuff all around him, if only his side could be heard. "But the demos are on my side!" He screams.
    "Ad hominem attacks are ok, cuz you guys do it right! Powerliars!"
    This HAS TO BE SATIRE. Please tell me this guy gets paid for making bad jokes about the Party In Power. If he is serious, please ask him to hit the Tip Jar at, so that comedy site will stay up longer. The comments are almost as funny as RWW's. Almost.

    By Blogger BurbankErnie, at 22 June, 2006 11:44  

  • Ernie, your brain does not function well enough to understand my post obviously. I speak the truth. Everything I posted about that sex starved wack job Malkin is true, A.A demos (from the book I saw Summer of 2005 is true), basically everything is true. I have never even sen, to be honest. I think, I do not need think tanks to do so for me, like you neo-clowns do. Are you going to tell me that what I posted about Barr, Gingrich and Limbaugh's marriages are lies? I believe divorce records are public, and you can read the bible for yourself and see what the bible says about the "sanctity of marriage". My comments may be funny, but they are true. Fox targets tenage males, Malkin is insane, ignorant and pathetic, and Barr, Limbaugh and Gingrich all preach marriage values and have divorces under their belt. Prove me wrong on it. Show me who Rush's offspring is? according to the bible procreation is the purpose of marriage. Limbaugh has NO RIGHT to talk about the MARRIAGE ISSUE EVER, PERIOD. As far as the DEMOS, look at the ratings book I last saw (summer 2005). I do not lie, I'm not a right wing neo-clown talking head, riding a wave, which is starting to crash.
    I await for you to prove to me how Limbaugh, Barr and Gingrich, adhere to the bible's definition of the sanctity of marriage. Go ahead, the only thing funny about my post is the irony I exposed.

    By Blogger rightwingwhiner, at 22 June, 2006 12:12  

  • Let me continue, Ernie the right wing hack. Did 19 Republicans, not decide that amnesty for Iraqis who killed American citizens is o.k? They voted yesterday, this is FACT.
    Is Iraq not a theocracy?????? This is indeed fact. Want to see???
    here is who voted to keep amnesty for terrorists. Note, not even the furthest left Dem voted for this!!!
    Iraq being a theocracy?? Don't believe me. Here is what the prime minister of Iraq has to say.

    Still trust, the drug addled, cigar chomping nazi boy on the radio over me????????

    I deal in reality, you clowns deal with an alternate universe, of slogans, insults and smear.

    Still think my post is full of lies and smears. FACTS, buddy FACTS.
    Refute the facts. Now once more did 19 Republicans vote to continue amnesty for terrorists?
    I just showed you the vote. Is Iraq not regressing into Islamic law??? I showed you the facts, little man.

    Now have a set of testicles, and retract your accusation of calling me a liar. I just proved what I posted is FACT.

    So let's recap
    A. Barr, Gingrich and Limbaugh do not live by the sanctity of marriage code they espouse. Easy to prove.
    B. the Iraqi theocratic state, and the amnsety for terrorists, is FACT, I showed you the stories!!
    C. Going by the ratings book I last fully saw, A.A had decent #'s in comparison to WABC and WOR in NYc (2005)

    So again where did I lie?
    Again, little guy, where did I lie?

    I suggest you be a man and say "right wing whiner, I'm sorry, your post was fact based"

    By Blogger rightwingwhiner, at 22 June, 2006 12:24  

  • RHW,

    you lied when you said AAR had decent numbers in NYC. From the latest book:

    WABC: 3.3
    WOR: 2.2
    WLIB: 0.9

    By Blogger BF, at 22 June, 2006 15:19  

  • Whiner:

    I'd read your comments if they were shorter. Honestly I would. You're asking way too much of me to commit to the pounds of words you type out. I'm sure it's all really important, but I'm on the go!

    By Blogger Emerson, at 22 June, 2006 15:48  

  • Emerson, when you get a chance read it, you will be amused and informed, unlike Maloney and companies posts.

    bf, you are spouting 12= numbers, Im talking about the last full ratings book I saw in 2005, with the demographics. nice try. Try to find a lie on my post!!!

    BTW Rhodes just signed 4 years more with Air America, going off the air?? I think not

    By Blogger rightwingwhiner, at 22 June, 2006 16:44  

  • Wow Whiner,

    That's a whole lot of liberbabble there. Slow down. And have you ever sought out psychiatric help for your chronic liberalism?

    By Blogger T., at 22 June, 2006 20:36  

  • T, of corse everything posted is 100% fact based. You ignore it all, your heros wanted amnesty for killers of Us soldiers, you gloss over it, because you are an intellectually dishonest Bush hack. You do not support the troops, you do not support the "sanctity of marriage" either. My post smacked you with the harsh truth. Sad, little Bush hacks, can not deal with constructive criticism. dismiss it all you want "T", my post made you sick to the stomach, your heroric party are terrorist appeasing cowards. For your skin nmot to crawl at this idea of amnesty for terrorists, proves you really do hate America. You are absolutly pathetic.
    Have a horrible day, and may your weekend suck.

    By Blogger rightwingwhiner, at 23 June, 2006 10:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page Rank Checker

Powered by Blogger